14th May 2017 - 10:00
Victorian Weekend – Sunday 14th May 2017
Victorian Weekend – 13th -14th May 2017
Llangollen Railway will be stepping back in time to the Victorian era over the weekend of 13th & 14th May 2017.
Enjoy a truly memorable day out at the Llangollen Railway’s Victorian Weekend this May. Experience life as it was over 100 years ago through the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of the recreated Victorian era.
Victorian characters will give you a fascinating insight into different aspects of Victorian life on and off the rails.
- Step on board one of our historic steam-hauled trains and journey 10 miles through the picturesque Dee Valley to the town of Corwen.
- Take a look inside our Victorian station at Berwyn and discover what life was like for a Victorian stationmaster.
- Learn new skills in the tented circus workshop and witness displays by our costumed street entertainers.
- Marvel at the sight of Queen Victoria and her royal entourage visiting the Dee Valley.
- Regular shire horse demonstrations at Carrog, plus special horse-drawn boat trips between Berwyn and Llangollen.
- Learn how the Victorians fought fires with steam power.
- Witness traditional railway sights as parcels and goods are loaded and unloaded along the line.
- Live music from historic musical organs along the line and Llangollen Male Voice Choir.
- Explore original documents and artefacts charting the construction of our railway back in the 1860s.
- Plus lots more……
A brand new feature for 2017 is our time travelling experience; stepping back 60 years at a time. Llangollen station has been transformed to how it would have looked during Eisteddfod Week 1957, complete with live music. Climb on-board one of our historic steam hauled trains to steam back another 60 years to 1897 at Berwyn – Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee Year.
Download our dedicated Victorian Weekend Programme for free using the tabs (right).
Book discounted advance rover tickets online now and save (plus you can beat the queues at the booking office on the day!)
Why not join us in costume? Whether its your finest Victorian or 1950s attire, we encourage our visitors to come dressed to impress.
Please note that there will No Parking available at Carrog over the Weekend. Let the train take the strain and park at Corwen East instead (Postcode: LL21 0DN).
One Day Rover – Advance – Adults – £23, Senior – £20, Child – £12, Family (2 adults & 2 children)– £50
One Day Rover – On the day – Adults – £25, Senior – £22, Child – £16, Family (2 adults & 2 children)– £60
Two Day Rover – Advance – Adults – £42, Senior – £36, Child – £22, Family (2 adults & 2 children) – £90
Two Day Rover – On the day – Adults – £45, Senior – £40, Child – £29, Family (2 adults & 2 children)– £108
Standard Return (not available to pre book) – Adult – £18, Senior – £16, Child – £10, Family – £48.
Llangollen Railway reserves the right to alter, cancel or suspend services, special events and advertised steam or diesel locomotives. The Railway accept no liability for any loss, inconvenience or delay thereby caused.